Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A Better Life

So my date didn't really work out as I had planned. It was time for some serious self-reflection, hence this delay in the posting.

I need to take some time to figure out what it was that I wanted from life, from love, and from myself. I know that sounds cheesy, but that's the way it is.

Inadvertently, however, I had gone to visit my parents in the 'burbs and got a cute little message from this guy named Ricky. Oddly enough, that was the name of Tee's in-the-closet-she-doesn't-know bisexual boyfriend. My heart sank. So anyway, turned out not to be him, but we had a cute little interesting chat. So cute, that we wanted to meet up on Monday.

I was not ready to go down this path again.

Matt had finally come clean with me and he realized that he wanted to meet me, and he was ready for whatever would happen between us. I was so over it. Like so gone.

So Monday comes and goes and Ricky and I never hooked up. Oddly enough, we can't seem to stop txting each other or talking endlessly. Same thing with Matt, it was crazy. But in retrospect, I shouldn't have ignored my feelings that things were not gonna go over too well.

Word of advice all you lovers and other strangers, when guys start using the following phrases, be it via MSN, Txt-ing, or otherwise, beware:

You can't wait to meet me, don't lie.

It's gonna be such an amazing time.

I'm so excited. It's gonna be chill.

Run. Run. Run. Run and don't ever look back. I need to start listening to my inner voice.

Well, things got so complicated between work, school, Ricky, Matt, and my damn roomie (still trying to get out of the lease), that I started forgetting who I told what to.

In any event, I had managed to book in Ricky and Matt on the same day. I double-booked. This can only be so interesting. I'm a whore.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Oh shit, did I just say excited? Fuck, it's going to be awful.

On another note, Brad came back from Europe. We haven't talked much and things have been pretty weird between us. I don't think there will be anything salvage, he seems pretty pissed I went all up and through trying to play the spy and get some info.

And last, but not least. LA is out. MTL is in. Who knows what awaits this summer, but I was excited. Now I have that secret meeting I have to plan, we'll see what happens.

But I can't worry about that now, I have more pressing matters...

No comments: