Wednesday, February 28, 2007

L.A. State of Mind

So Matt got a new job here in the city, which means he might be moving into a new condo, which means that I might be out of this hell hole as early as June. AH.

But on another note, I got an offer to go to L.A. in June for 7 months. I won't say for what just yet, but it's something I'm considering.

But, alas, here stand my problems:

1. I need to break my lease.
2. I need to break my lease.

If I can find some way around it, or out of it, then I might just be premature and say I'm going to L.A.!

So here is how the plan is going into motion.

My roomie said she can't afford it on her own so the threat to kick me out doesn't stand, so I'm fucked. I arranged a secret meeting with my realtor/landlord to ask him to let us out of the lease at 6 months. I will be paying for an extra money of not even being here, but who cares. That's about 4 months to find new tenants, and if not, for him to let me sublet my room. That way, she might not even want a new roomie and she would just pay for it all herself.

But in case that backfires, my roomie has been seeing this new guy and he's fucking old, but wants to get married desperately, at his mom's wishes. I found this all out via Rhi, who is her closest confidant. Originally, we thought we were fucked, but now, after she told him that her new man might be 'the one', we're back on track. Rhi and I spent at least an hour egg-ing her on and telling her he's the one and what not. If we can get them engaged or married, I'd have no choice but to move out or we could find new tenants to assign our lease.

Rhi and I have joined forces (even though we're best friends) on our biggest mission ever.

We have 94 days to get them engaged, and get me out of my damn lease.

Either that, or tell her about my offer and that she has three choices:
1. Let me out of the lease.
2. Let me sublet.
3. Help me help us get us out of the lease. (and she can move in her with 'man')

Other than that, B is on his way back from Europe, and Shawn and I have been talking but nothing special. Haven't even talked with Adriano.

But I'm too focused on my new task and finishing this school term off before guys!

So, I'm not saying this will happen and it's gonna be hella-crazy to find out what does. But it's a nice thought that I might be living in the Hills in 3 months.

No comments: